Monday, August 22, 2011

EricRoberson~EasyMoBee~MilesDavis~StanleyClarke~RoyHargrove~and more!

Eric Roberson <Sol Village> @SOBs on 08.17.2011.
It was a first time to see Eric Roberson <Sol Village> show in 10 years. I cant believe that I didnt go such a long time... Great meeting my friends who are working at SOBs.
DJ Magneto, Papa Jube, Johnny Quest, Peter, and Bouncers...Always great hanging with you guys!
And the same night Johnny had an accoustic night with Bazaar the Royale @ Bubble Lounge.
Both are really good shows actually, saw some musicians whom I know there too.
I made a new good friend there too but I start realizing finally that my conversation is sometimes difficult and too much for non-music people??? Probably my conversation is too much core about music to non-music person???
Hmmm....
Anyways, I was hanging with my great friends, Easy Mo Bee and Big (Zulu) Jeff on 08.20.2011 in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn for someone's Birthday party @ The Emerson. I had not seen Easy Mo Bee after hanging out together with Miles Davis family at Miles Davis 85th Birthday exclusive party.
This was some historical night... at Miles Davis 85th birthday party, May 26th 2011.

I wish more hiphop people could come to the party but I did my best to gather people for them, expecially for Miles Davis nephew, Vince Willburn Jr (Drum).
It was the same day for leasing party for Monster® Miles Davis Tribute™ High Performance In-Ear Speakers and there was a promotion at J&R wall street.We gathered there together and moved to the party place. We celebrated Miles 85th birthday with Miles Davis Family...it was touchy, good vibe...and I couldnt believe that I was part of it...Thank God...
I could meet Great musicians like Onaje Allan Gumbs, Mino Cinelu along with Vince Wilburn, Jr. (nephew of Miles Davis); Cicely Tyson (actress, former wife of Miles Davis) Cheryl Davis (daughter of Miles Davis), Erin Davis (son of Miles Davis) Noel Lee (CEO of Monster Cable) and more.
Especially when I saw Easy Mo Bee came, I was feeling so light and right! I am so glad that he made it to come as for Miles Davis family, Easy Mo Bee is very special.
 Jazz pioneer Miles Davis approached the young producer to help fuse Jazz and Hip-Hop. These sessions would become his last album, 1992's Doo Bop. The project, released posthumously after Davis died during the recording process, leaving the project unfinished, garnered generally positive reviews.To finish off the album, producer Easy Mo Bee was asked to take some of the unreleased trumpet performances (stemming from what Davis called the RubberBand Session), and build tracks that Miles 'would have loved' around the recordings. The album's posthumous songs (as stated in the liner notes) are "High Speed Chase" and "Fantasy." A reprise of the song "Mystery" rounded out the album's nine-track length

The night before the Miles Davis Birthday, we went out to see Stanley Clarke @ Blue Note with special guest Lenny White and Wallace Roney!!!
We all hang out with Stanley's drummer Ronald Bruner Jr (Drum) after the show with Vince, Igmar Thomas (Trumpet)Wallace Roney (Trumpet), Lenny White (Drum)and Mile Davis Son Erin Davis.
Then there we met my favorite trumpetter ROY HARGROVE and his band members after playing @ Village Vanguard hanging @ Smalls. Stacy Dillard, Ameen Saleem. Willie Jones Ⅲ and more were there too.It was a very special night for real! We started jamming and ohhhhhhh my god... heavenly dream night for Jazz freak!!!
After Miles Davis Birthday party I went to see King Britt, Rich Medina and DJ Spinna party with House singers show like Singer girl from SoulⅡSoul at Santos party house.
Miles Davis family, Vince came out with Igmar Thomas, Easy Mo Bee, Mehgan, Vince, and more to Santos later to join us.Grand Puba, Dane One from Brand Nubian, joined us.  
We all had a great fantastic night ;-)
This is happening very much in NY...I love music and I love NY...

No comments:

Post a Comment