Monday, September 19, 2011

Cold Crush Brothers~Jazzy Jay~Pharoahe Monch~Robert Glasper~Dawn Penn~ and more

Pharoahe Monch!!! at the RPM show @Drom 08.30.2011 with my dear friend, Robert Glasper Experiment.
This is for a movie called <RPM> and my favorite piannist, Robert Glasper is making soundtrack. He is an amazing pianist who played for many many amazing artists like, Maxwell ( I went to see Maxwell concert at Madison Square Graden last year and didnt know he was in the band!;-)), Q-Tip, Lala Hatheway ( I saw Robert and Lala gig at Blue Note...Oh that was sexy...), Roy Hargrove, MosDef, Roy Ayers and Pete Rock, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Erykah Badu and more...
Check his site for his amazing works, http://robertglasper.com/
Glasper’s first album, Mood, was released by Fresh Sound New Talent in 2004, after the pianist’s stints playing in bands with guitaristsRussell Malone and Mark Whitfield, bassist Christian McBride, and trumpeters Terence Blanchard (Bounce) and Roy Hargrove. The album features six original compositions by Glasper alongside versions of “Blue Skies,” “Alone Together,” and Herbie Hancock’s “Maiden Voyage,” featuring guest vocalist Bilal. Glasper has said that his arrangement of the Hancock tune was inspired by the Radiohead song “Everything in Its Right Place.”<He has worked with Bilal and Mos Def as musical director, Q-Tip (The Renaissance), Kanye West (Late Registration), Meshell Ndegeocello (The World Has Made Me the Man of My Dreams), J DillaErykah BaduJay-ZTalib KweliCommon, Slum Village and Maxwell, with whom he toured extensively on 2009’s BLACKsummers'nighttour.>
And soon his new amazing album to come, you gotta check it out!
This day's special guest was this amazing MC, Pharoahe Monch!http://www.pharoahe.com/
Amazing show, Pharoahe MC and Robert's funky piano...wow!!!I really enjoyed that night although it was not a great day for Robert as he lost some important things...sorry! It was great seeing Igmar Thomas, Meghan Stabile, Danny Castro, and Jill Newman at this show!!!
<Digger's Delight: DJs Jazzy Jay, Lord Finesse, GrandMaster Caz + Red Alert> 08.23.2011
Legend Kool DJ Red Alert...Thank you for your performance and being one of the founding fathers of Hip-Hop music and culture!...http://www.kooldjredalert.com/
It was my friends, Jazzy Jay/Lord Finesse's DJ event in Harlem with Red Alert and Grand Master Caz. Of course Cold Crush Brothers members came out, like dear JDL 
I have know him a while now but I hadn't seen his performance till this special day at my spot, Sutra Lounge NYC.
 <Cold Crush Brothers @Sutra NY 09.02.2011> It was somthing...I felt great vibe from those legends!Thank you thank you thank you!
Time to time, we see each other at Sutra and always he is nice to me...last night I saw Cold Crush Bothers on the TV-Vh1 for interview. I do appreciate this great warm friendship with legends always...thank you for your love!
If you don't know about cold crush brothers, please check this out!http://www.coldcrushbrothers.com/
Also my friend, DJ Jazzy Jay. Ohhh I wish I can work with you one of these days soon as you always giving me positive music! Thank you for your love to Hiphop.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazzy_Jay
DJ Lord Finesse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Finesse has come to my Sutra event for support also with my loving MC Sadat X from Brand Nubian, Afu-ra, Mikel Banks and more! It was such a beautiful night, and Funky DJ Spinna thank you very much for throwing such a funky night!
We did our 1st event at Sutra with respectable my dear DJ Rich Medina...wow that was really hard work for me but OMG! So much fun and So much Love night! Check on his tour schedule, this man is always busy for great stuff!!! http://richmedina.com/
<Ghetto Metal at SOBs with Bazaar Royale and legendary reggae singer Dawn Penn 09-13-2011> I met Raye 6 after her performance for Ghetto Metal, I hadn't seen her really long time but it was great seeing her at SOB's! And she is always looking amazing... My drummer Bro, T-Bone used to play for Raye 6 and this events host, Bazaar Royale before, and T-Bone took me to their gigs sometimes but since T-Bone is touring with Public Enermy, I didn't go see them much but it was great meeting them all at Ghetto Metal! Also this night special guest was Legend singer Dawn Penn!!! http://www.dawnpennonline.com/
♪NO~NO~ NO~~~~!you dont love me and I know now~~♪♪♪  remember this song???
 And after Ghetto Metal I went to see Questlove DJ for fashion week after party @Griffin in Meet Packing Area. I was invited by dear friend Balewa (Rich Mason) but somehow the security guy at door was so a**hole and couldn't get in at all...expecially our hiphop clew, we were having difficult time to get in, then I met my Bro, Jeru The Damaja too! But still we all needed to wait outside...then Questlove came out...!!!The party was done!Damn damn...
So we all went to Sutra for Sutra owner, Sista Ariel's birthday with my girl friend DJ June and Tony Touch Toca Tuesday. Tony wasn't there on this day as he was in S.America but so many of my hiphop family came out and gathered together. Jeru was there, JDL came out with his wife and Big Jeff, (always love my Bro), VooDoo Ray, Danny Castro were of course there as this is their party, my boy Supreme (thank you for being my great friend), DJ Peace, Pesu-kun and more and more....I met Questlove's MC~Yameen Allworld~A Tribe Called Quest-Jarobi White~Dead Prez Fam,Umi ~Mazzi...all and all...It was a big love night from all of them and ended up danced till late (5am)...
What a beautiful music life!!!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment