Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Marley Marl~Greg Nice~Lonnie Plaxico~Ernestine Anderson~Cassandra Wilson....

<2011-09-28 >

Marley Marl & Mike Mancini's Birthday Celebration


Amazing DJ and Producer Marley Marl and Mike Mancini had their Birthday party @ Cielo in Meat Packing area Manhattan on September 28th.

Marley Marl was the house producer of the Juice Crew, known for The Bridge Wars, a feud withBoogie Down Productions seen as one of the earliest and influential hip hop beefs. The Juice Crew included Big Daddy KaneBiz MarkieRoxanne ShantéKool G Rap & DJ PoloMC Shan(his cousin) and Masta Ace, and produced many songs for outside artists including King TeeLL Cool J, and Lords of the Underground.

It was all free party from 8-11pm before regular house party started with House DJ Kevin Hedge.

Nice & Smooth ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_%26_Smooth
Nice & Smooth was an East Coast hip hop duo from New York that consists of Greg Nice(Greg Mays) and Smooth B (Daryl Barnes). The duo released four albums from the late 1980s to the mid 1990s. Their first collaborate appearance was on the song, "Pimpin Ain't Easy" by Big Daddy Kane on his album, It's a Big Daddy Thing in 1989.

People jumping around, shout and screamed! We had a Birthday cake which is shaped like records and velvet cake inside...It was very sweet but that represents how Marley Marl is! He is a sweet person and heart warm artist.

The crew members, Jeff, me, Naoto, DJ Peace and Chica went to the next spot after Cielo that is Marley's spot <Pop Burger>! We had some drinks and burgers, Lam chop... and billiard till 2am...!
All and all it was a beautiful night and actually couldn't believe I was there till last. 
(some people went to Le Poisson Rouge to see my dear friend, DJ Rich Medina but I was too tired as you can see from the pictures...)


<09-30-2011>Music of Bud Powell featuring Ethan Iverson, Tim Hagans, Greg Osby, Joey Baron, Lonnie Plaxico @Birdland Manhattan.



I actually wanted to go to see Cassandra Wilson at Rose Room @Lincoln Center but when I noticed her show was too late and all tickets were sold out... So me and Lafayette went to see our Dear Friend, Lonnie Plaxico at Birdland to listen to some Bud Powell music!
I had not been there for a while but always nice bartender, remembers me and made fruit juice cocktail.
Ohhh I love Lonnie Plaxico bass always always always!
This night again his SOLO made my night very fine!!!
He is actually one my musicians whom I really wanted to see the performance for a long time...I dreamed of it over 15years and now I am a friend with him! I cant believe it!!! 
RESPECT< RESPECT< RESPECT anytime I see him!
He has done a lot of amazing works with legends such as Cassandra Wilson, Art Blakey, Ravi Coltrane, and Dizzy Gillespie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course he has done more and more great works with great musicians and for his own project too!
Lonnie Plaxico -----> http://www.lonnieplaxico.com/bio.html
By the night when we were leaving, it suddenly started rain... so we got Birdland umbrella and went home early...
Oh Winter is coming to NY already!!!!!!! Cold cold cold....

Actually when I met Lonnie the first time was at Dizzy's and he was playing with grammy winner singer, Ernestine Anderson&Houston Person, with Lafayette Harris, and Willie Jones Ⅲ

On that day, I remember LEGEND JAZZ SINGER TONY BENET came to see their show!!! WOWwwwww!!!
All my favorite musicians were there actually and I was sooooooooooo happy!!! My very great friends and fantastic drummer Willie Jones and Pianist Lafayette Harris Jr were there too! and that romantic venue, Dizzy's at Lincoln Center Jazz. 
Earnestine Anderson ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernestine_Anderson

Then after I saw him with my favorite favorite singer CASSANDRA WILSON @ Blue Note NYC. 

Then Grammy Winner R&B singer John Legend came out as a special guest and sang together with Ravi Coltrane!!!!
Cassandra Wilson -----> http://www.cassandrawilson.com/
She won two grammies, Edison music award, and first Jazz work to receive the Pulitzer prize with Wynton Marsalis!
I don't know how many times I was saved by her songs in my life... I lover her voice, her performance and songs very much. Her songs are my Sunday songs most of time to relax and to get back to myself....
Thank you so much for great works for Y'all.....!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!
(Ernestine Anderson's piano, Lafayette Harris was on Japanese TV CM for Hitachi!)

⭐️⭐️⭐️Please check on my YouTube Channel also and subscribe to it if you liked. I do highly appreciate you much!⭐️⭐️⭐️ → https://m.youtube.com/user/Dangerica7/?sub_confirmation=1

No comments:

Post a Comment