Tuesday, December 13, 2011

THE ROOTS~SRB~ROY AYERS

It was 3days sold out shows, THE ROOTS new album release party @Highline ballroom.I even didnt think I could get in but dear YAMEEN who is a MC and producer for Questlove,Jill Scott, and Kendred Family soul etc...he put me on the list for Dec 6th show and YES, I was at VIP, could see the whole show!!! It was amazing show actually.
The Roots ---> The Roots is an American hip hop/neo soul band formed in 1987 by Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter and Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They are famed for beginning with a jazzy, eclectic approach to hip hop which still includes live instrumentals.Malik B., Leonard "Hub" Hubbard, and Josh Abrams were added to the band, originally called The Square Roots. http://theroots.com/
The Roots released their thirteenth album Undun via Def Jam Records on December 6, 2011. The first single "Make My" leaked on October 17, 2011. Undun is telling a story about their semi-fictional character, Redford Stephens. The album gravitates around Redford growing up in an urban landscape struggling with survival. He is forced to juxtapose between the choice of making something of himself or living a life of fast money and crime, and he chooses the life of crime. The album's name is inspired by The Guess Who's song "undun," and the character was named after the Sufjan Stevens song "Redford." The album features artists like Aaron Livingston, Big K.R.I.T., Phonte, Dice Raw, P.O.R.N., Truck North, Bilal, and Sufjan Stevens. The band went back to their original "roots", by returning to lyrics revolving around struggle and making something out of nothing.
I ran into Ariel from Sutra, Robert Glasper and Bilal, so as Carter, Big Jeff and more there. It was packed, packed packed! A lot of people and too hot! The show was very hot and energetic too.
Many guests on the stage and of course my number one was ... BILAL and THE ROOTS! I wish I could see Robert Glasper playing the piano too as I love his piano with hiphop! After the show Yameen, and all the members like Kirk, Mark, F. Knuckles and more came out from the backstage as it was really packed and hot at backsgate. JILL NEWMAN... this woman, I give a lot of respect for this promotion and organizing whole shows. Amazing job!!!
The night before this show, Questlove, Blackthought and Rahzel were doing the show at Bluenote. I missed it as I was with my Funk Godfather-George Clinton then!!! But I heard it was great as I saw many comments from Kevin Powell on facebook... lol
On Dec 8th was SRB in Brooklyn's preopening party. The owner is my friend and I know he has been working really hard on this club opening! And my uncle, ROY AYERS is going to be a Godfather for this club!!! I cant wait!!!
This day was supposed to be a Toys for tots event with many lawyers and doctors. When I got there, already many white suit wearing people there. I was like.... oooohhhh..ohhhh...where should I be at? My girl Miyuki was very ready for talking to someone special, but unfortunately we didnt see anyone special there!!!I ran into John from Roy Ayers band, Big Jeff and Sergio after 11pm. And after 11pm the club was packed with black people look like gangstars and pimps... the music was changed and whole different clut it became. Some of the people got scared and left coz of those people. I actually had a great time as you can tell, danced a lot in safe environment... lol
Dec 9th was ROY AYERS, BLACKTHOUGHT FROM THE ROOTS, LORD FINESSE night in G.Village for Japan benefit. Roy Ayers--->  (born September 10, 1940) is an American funk, soul, and jazz composer and vibraphone player. Ayers began his career as a post-bop jazz artist, releasing several albums with Atlantic Records, before his tenure at Polydor Records beginning in the 1970s, during which he helped pioneer jazz-funk .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Ayers
Roy Ayers could very well be the best jazz/R&B artist you don’t know. In his 40-plus years as a vibraphonist, he has produced a string of soul and funk classics, like “We Live In Brooklyn Baby” and “Everybody Loves the Sunshine,” that has arguably made him the second-most sampled musician in hip-hop, after James Brown. You may have heard snippets of his music in songs by 50 Cent protégé Tony Yayo (“Fake Love”) or A Tribe Called Quest (“Bonita Applebum”). But while the exposure of his extensive catalogue is enough to boost any man’s ego, the 68-year-old Ayers remains humble and busy. Just last year, Ayers and Kanye West were enlisted to produce “In the Mood,” a modish jazz cut off Brooklyn MC Talib Kweli’s seminal CD Eardrum, and Ayers continues to tour and work on an album due to drop in 2009, which he says may feature the exhilarating, highly underrated jazz vocalist Dee Dee Bridgewater. Meanwhile, Verve has reissued three of his albums from the 1970s, which highlight some of his best work.
EW caught up with Ayers before his show at New York’s Blue Note Jazz Club, where he joked, laughed, and talked about his top five favorite samples of his work. Check it out after the jump.
I heard about Yuji-san and his company but it was first time to see him and was really really nice seeing him! I took my girlfriend, Shino the photographer to introducer some of my friends. Yuji-san has heard about me and asked me to work together! YES! Of course I would love to! He is the one who brought THE ROOTS, ROY AYERS and A Tribe Called Quest and more,
and this night was <JAPAN BENEFIT night>.When we got there, Free Sushi, free Sake there. Q-Tip was supposed to come to DJ but he canceled it as he is in Brazil.I greeted Blackthought from the Roots. He remembered me from Japan since we met each other quite a few times in Japan and sometimes here in NY! Finally connected in person, so as Dice Raw and more.
Roy Ayers is always always nice to me. Once he finds me, he stands up and give me a biiiiig hugs and kisses! I love him so much! The band members treat me and Shino as their family and it is really nice to have them around. I feeeeeeeel so gooooood!
Roy Ayers performance was killing!! He is one of the real performer and real musician. I danced very hard, sing along and had a really good time. Probably I was the most person who enjoyed his gig then lol Then Lord Finesse came out to DJ. Finesse.. Finesse. I like your DJ a lot too! He made me dance!
Blackthought and DiceRaw came out late after 12midnight while Finesse was still DJing.
Seems like Blackthought was a bit drunk but he did performed very well so as others. I actually heard about Dice Raw from Yameen before I met him. I could connected with him also so it was really nice to be there. Big Jeff invited his Zulu people and Tony Touch. Melle Mel and some others came out but the venue needed to cut them off as the time came. I spoke to Blackthought a bit after the show and although he was a bit tipsy, I didnt know he was so nice actually.
I try get some works for Dice Raw, Blackthought and of course ROY AYERS! (Lord Finesse is gonna be in Japan with OC soon. it was great connection ;-)
After this event, me Zulu nation people, Big Jeff went to Hadson Terrace for another party which is Evil Dee and GM Flash. Many people came out as it was a Friday night and was good hiphop! I stayed only 5min and left tho... as I needed to go  to work next day but all and all I was still excited about this whole week. What a great NY life!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️Please check on my YouTube Channel also and subscribe to it if you liked. 
I do highly appreciate you much!⭐️⭐️⭐️ → https://m.youtube.com/user/Dangerica7/?sub_confirmation=1

No comments:

Post a Comment