Monday, March 26, 2012

D’Rica7 BDay wk2 - ROY AYERS @SRB BK, Toca Tues@SUTRA, DJ Questlove&Yameen @BK Bowl

This is my Bday week report 2.
It was my dear friend's new venue grand opening night on March 3rd. I knew they were having Roy Ayers for this night so I asked if I can have my Bday celebration together at SRB Brooklyn.http://srbbrooklyn.com/web/ 

πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰https://youtu.be/ODDqyw0KQ80 Please take a look of” Roy Ayers Bday message”  for me! 


As the owner's policy we were not allowed to advertise at all so I couldn't invite guests as many as I wanted but very importantly, my long term legend friend Roy Ayers and his band members who have been like my family were there for me so as the owner, Doc, Manny and Beast! Oh man, it was such a special night for me. I really didnt expect Roy Ayers to ask me to come up to the stage and sang Birthday song for me!!! OMG.... Wow it was soooooooooo special night for me! I was overwhelmed and couldnt believe what has just happened. Roy Ayers, this legendary ROY AYERS sang Birthday song for ME on the Stage!!!
And he also gave me a video private message for my Birthday. Wooooooooooooooow.... What can I say? 
To think about it, I met Roy Ayers the first time when I still lived in London which is more than 13years ago or so... I met him thru Dennis Davis who used to be a Drummer for Roy. Time flies so fast!!! Wow... Ray Gaskins... John, Mark,Lee,...and more... Thank you soooo much for this beautiful long term friendship!love you guys!!!
After the show, Doc, Manny prepared Birthday cake for me... I knew Big Jeff bought cake for me too. Wow it was such a beautiful night!!! Thanks for the people who came to see me, DJ PEACE, my brother, you are awesome!!! And the girls... Thank you so much for this night! 

Then after SRB, I went to local clubs to dance with a few hours more to hear some more Funk/Soul and Old School hiphop. Wow I got hyper on this day. Thanks for Jermaine to be there with me!

On my actual Birthday March 4th was quiet and relaxing. I got so many calls from unbelievable legends, video messages, facebook messages, songs sang by amazing cats... and great presents. I can not name all of the people here but I am so blessed to have you in my life and love you guys soooo much!!! Thank you again...!!! <3 <3 <3
On March 5th, my best gal in BK Mariko and her Aomori friend, Emmy-chan took me to a Bday dinner near my house. oh man... since this day, our party nights started again.
On March 6th, at Sutra the special guest was DJ Amanda Diva. Mariko and her Aomori friends came thru Sutra, there of course Big Jeff, Voodoo Ray, our princess DJ JUNE-chan, DJ Tony Touch, Pesu-kun and his GF, Ariel the owner, Toca crew, DJ Butta L, then my great friend, JAROBI from A Tribe Called Quest, Nas from ZULU Nations, Legendary KOOL HARC came thru!
Kool Herc, DJ Kool Herc and Kool DJ Herc, is a Jamaican-born DJ who is credited with originating hip hop music, in The Bronx, New York City. His playing of hard funk records of the sort typified by James Brown was an alternative both to the violent gang culture of the Bronx and to the nascent popularity of disco in the 1970s. In response to the reactions of his dancers, Campbell began to isolate the instrumental portion of the record which emphasized the drum beat—the "break"—and switch from one break to another to yet another.
Using the same two turntable set-up of disco DJs, Campbell's style led to the use of two copies of the same record to elongate the break. This breakbeat DJing, using hard funk, rock, and records with Latin percussion, formed the basis of hip hop music. Campbell's announcements and exhortations to dancers helped lead to the syncopated, rhymed spoken accompaniment now known as rapping. He called his dancers "break-boys" and "break-girls", or simply b-boys and b-girls. Campbell's DJ style was quickly taken up by figures such as Afrika Bambaataa and Grandmaster Flash. Unlike them, he never made the move into commercially recorded hip hop in its earliest years.
Tony Touch shout out for Happy Birthday with my name and we danced crazy there!!! Another wonderful night. There were some accidents with my girls and boys... but it was what it was. All good with great people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Kool_Herc
On March 8th at Brooklyn Bowl with DJ Questlove and MC Yameen Allworld. That day was with Soulive before DJ Questlove. I wish I knew. I supposed to meet DJ Logic there but I just missed seeing him as I got there late. But Mariko and her friend Eri chan were there and met my good friends- Igmar Thomas and Sharief Hobley. Igmar was playing with Soulive and stayed afterwards. Then Sharief was just hanging as usual... ;-)
 I met Sharief in Japan the first time while he was still playing with John Legend which is like... hmmm... 6,7 years ago??? wow... 
My Dear Philly MC Yameen shouted for my Birthday also thru the whole night along with DJ Questlove's funky beats and songs and made my Bday week very special also. I love you guys, so much! Thank you so much.
⭐️⭐️⭐️Please check on my YouTube Channel also and subscribe to it if you liked. I do highly appreciate you much!⭐️⭐️⭐️ → https://m.youtube.com/user/Dangerica7/?sub_confirmation=1

No comments:

Post a Comment